Saturday, June 6, 2009

Why I chose Victor & Chris as My Intended Fathers

Let me start off by saying, not in my wildest dreams did I think that I would "fall in love" with the first couple's profile I was given. I was under the impression, that I would be given several profiles simultaneously, and that I would get to pick and choose who I wanted to work with. Luckily for me, I knew immediately that Victor & Chris were "the ones."

On 2-19-09, I was presented with Victor & Chris's profile...The first thing that attracted me to Victor and Chris is that they are an inter-racial couple. For some reason, I assumed that I would be given a Caucasian couple's profile & I was pleasantly surprised when this was not the case. I myself, grew up in an multi-racial family(Mom: Caucasian, Dad: African-American & Japanese,) so I felt an immediate connection to Victor & Chris on that level.

As I continued to read their profile, it was clear, that Victor & Chris are in a loving, caring, committed relationship, and have a huge support network of family and friends. Also, the fact that they are both openly gay in every aspect of their lives, showed me that they loved and respected themselves, and are proud to be who they are.

In addition, it was apparent that Victor & Chris were going to be appreciative of the surrogacy process. I definitely wasn't looking for a couple that thought of me only as a "womb for rent," or thought of surrogacy as strictly a business transaction. It was obvious that Victor and Chris didn't feel this way :-)

Victor and Chris had said in their profile, that they are going to be truthful, regarding telling their children how they were created, which I feel is extremely important. And, are supportive of the role that my family and I will play in all of their lives as their children grow.

Lastly, after we met on 2-27-09 we confirmed that we felt the same way, regarding the important issues of surrogacy, such as how many babies I would carry(fetal reduction,) abortion for medical reasons, communication/contact during the pregnancy, testing on the baby while in the womb, etc.

Choosing Victor & Chris as my intended fathers, is one of the easiest decisions I've ever made & I consider myself extremely lucky to be their surrogate! I love you guys! :-)

No comments: